Post-Conference Workshops: Thursday, 28th June 2018
8:00 am - 10:00 am Building a User-Centred Experience Roadmap to Drive InnovationJoseph Dickerson - UX Architect- Microsoft Services Microsoft
This workshop has been developed for those who want to take their userexperience design to the next level. It will facilitate discussion around the current experience and pain points of your end-user before ideating potential new experiences for your users.
- Collaborate on defining ‘out of the box’ innovative scenarios
- Identify opportunities where technology can be employed to ‘light up’ these experiences
- Planning ahead for disruptions and competition
- Understanding the importance of empathy in design
Joseph DickersonUX Architect- Microsoft Services
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Using Design Thinking to Help You Prioritise Business ObjectivesBen Crothers - Design Educator Atlassian
Design Thinking should not just be seen as a methodology to create new, innovative products for your customer or end-user. It can also be used to rethink and reframe your business objectives to identify what strategies would benefit your business the most. This interactive workshop will explore how to harness the methodology of design thinking to prioritise the right objectives for your business.
- Understanding how design thinking can be applied to drive a diverse range of outcomes
- Identifying and quantifying areas of risk, and other factors that hold us back from making decisions
- Planning ahead for uncertainty and contingencies
Ben CrothersDesign Educator
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm Making Mission Statements MeasurableChristine Mauro - Design Strategy Practice Lead- GTS North America IBM
Use IBM Design Thinking to craft resultsbased mission statements that can be tracked and measured, and can motivate you to think big. This workshop will focus on uncovering overlooked challenges, and aligning teams toward a common goal.
- Understanding user pain points in the context of their everyday work
- Brainstorming solutions
- Developing mission statements that drive actionable outcomes
Christine MauroDesign Strategy Practice Lead- GTS North America
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Influence and Persuasion- Developing Frameworks and Applying Design Thinking to Tackle IssuesLeandro Gama - Innovation & Strategy: Business, Service and Experience Design Telstra
You will learn a framework to help them influence and persuade people both in professional and personal environments, then use design thinking methods to develop specific tactics on how to deal with problems you have identified and shared at the beginning of the session.
- Participants will brainstorm issues they face
- Participants will allocate issues to one of the three buckets: issues we can control, issues we can influence, and issues we can’t control or influence
- Leandro will explain the principles of influence and persuasion
- Participants will develop strategies to overcome ‘issues we can influence’ based on the above principles
Leandro GamaInnovation & Strategy: Business, Service and Experience Design