Leandro GamaInnovation & Strategy: Business, Service and Experience Design
Not just a bunch of methods in your toolkit, design thinking can also be seen as a set of values and behaviours that, when truly embedded in organisations, drive strong empathy for your customers, deep understanding of their business requirements and ultimately sustainable innovation, change and growth for your organisation.
In this session;
- Discuss the challenges large organisations face in adopting design thinking as a philosophy and becoming customer-centred at their hearts.
- Gain insight into Leandro’s experiences working at Australia’s largest telecommunications organisation
- Listen to recommendations on how to address such challenges and make the process of embedding design in large organisations smoother
4:00 PM Influence and Persuasion- Developing Frameworks and Applying Design Thinking to Tackle Issues
You will learn a framework to help them influence and persuade people both in professional and personal environments, then use design thinking methods to develop specific tactics on how to deal with problems you have identified and shared at the beginning of the session.
- Participants will brainstorm issues they face
- Participants will allocate issues to one of the three buckets: issues we can control, issues we can influence, and issues we can’t control or influence
- Leandro will explain the principles of influence and persuasion
- Participants will develop strategies to overcome ‘issues we can influence’ based on the above principles